Guidance Committee Forms are due at the end of a student's first quarter in the program. The student should meet with the Guidance Committee to plan coursework. Courses can be changed, but each committee member will need to approve each change via email to the Program Coordinator. Please list the term and year for each course taken on the form.
Guidance Committee Structure
PhD Guidance Committee: Major Professor, AoE Advisor, and a third GGE faculty member of your choice.
MS Guidance Committee: Major Professor and AoE Advisor
Guidance Committee FAQs
- Can my Guidance Committee serve on my Qualifying or Master's Final Exam?
- Your major professor may not participate in your QE or Master's Final Exam, however the other members are welcome to serve on your committee.
- My committee isn't able to meet during Fall Quarter. What do I do if I can't submit my form by the end of the quarter?
- The Guidance Committee is due during the first week of Winter Quarter. If your committee is unable to meet by then, contact the Program Coordinator ASAP.
- How often should I meet with my guidance committee?
- Touching base with your committee via Skype or email is should take place at least once per quarter. An annual in person meeting is strongly recommended as well, but due to the varying travel schedules of our faculty we are aware this is not always possible. You should also confer with your guidance committee should you need to take alternative classes to the ones on your original form. Your full committee must approve changes to the form, so you'll want to be sure to keep them up to date.